Here are the talking points for Sunday morning. What it means that Jesus is the resurrection and the life from John 11:
- We have someone infinitely good, caring, and compassionate in ultimate control of sickness and death.
- Jesus’ coming brought a marked shift in the way we think about death.
- The resurrection is not simply a theological truth, it is a point of personal trust.
- Jesus’ return will fully demonstrate his authority and victory over death.
- We must do something more than simply believe there is a Heaven, or even want to go to Heaven if we are to have eternal life. We must repent of sin and surrender to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord if we are to have eternal life.