From Nehemiah 1:
Too often “revival” is a planned event, a mere “flash in the pan” with no long term consequence. Nehemiah’s return to God, his revival, was foundational not merely a flashpoint. His return to God began the process of rebuilding a nation. How do we experience revival that is more foundational than flashpoint? For revival to have a long-term impact on a people and a community we must understand the nature of returning.
- Returning begins with confession out of brokenness.
- Returning is based in Scripture.
- Returning is born out of constant prayer.
- Returning brings us back from the extremes.
- Returning is a beginning, not an end in itself.