I’ve had the privilege of sitting under the teaching of some incredible Christian scholars and pastors, but I always tell people that the greatest theologian I ever knew was my grandmother, Lou Truelove. She had a 5th grade education. She taught herself to read by using the Bible. She was married at 15 and birthed 10 children; five boys, five girls. My father was the youngest of the 10.
Some of my fondest childhood memories are sitting on her front porch as she shucked corn or broke beans and listening to her tell the stories of her week and what the Lord had done for her. She literally lived out the Bible, connecting verses to circumstances and seeing the sovereign hand of God leading her along the way.
I believe God used her prayers and her example to shape in me a passion to take the Bible, a book few people understand and help them see the narrative of Scripture playing out in everyday life. God showed Jacob a ladder in the wilderness on which angels ascended and descended between heaven and earth. Heaven and earth constantly collide all around us, but if we are Biblically illiterate we will remain wholly ignorant of the world as it really is.
If you can understand the Bible. You can understand the world and make better decisions in life.
My primary platform for creating content is through shepherding a local church. Liberty Baptist Church in Dalton, GA. In the scheme of it all, I preach sermons, post blogs, teach classes, speak to groups, and publish articles and books. BrianBranam.com is simply the means I can bring it all together for you.
Below is a listing of my ministry experience. If I can serve you in any way by bringing Christian content into your life or to your group, please let me know. Thanks for visiting BrianBranam.com, I pray it will be a blessing and a resource for you.
Youth Director: 05/1992 – 08/1995, New Liberty Baptist Church, Ringgold, GA
Interim Youth Director: 01/1996 – 10/1996, Atco Baptist Church, Cartersville, GA
Senior Pastor, 10/1996 – 10/2002, Lantana Road Baptist Church, Crossville, TN
- Growth in average attendance from 30 – 330
- Remodel of gymnasium into worship center
- 247 baptisms
- Top 50 in ratio baptisms in Tennessee Baptist Convention 2x
- Top 4% growth churches in nation as recognized by the Billy Graham School of Evangelism of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, KY
- 2002 Winner of the Charles Hadden Spurgeon Award for Discipleship as recognized by the Billy Graham School of Evangelism of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, KY
Senior Pastor, 10/2002 – 2/2012, Ridgecrest Baptist Church, Trussville, AL
- Relocation from the Centerpoint community of Birmingham to Trussville 8/2008
- Revitalization of missions, education, and evangelism ministries
- Restructuring of church organization
- Reestablishment of church vision
- 219 baptisms
- Oversee staff which included 3 Associate Pastors, 4 Administrative Assistants
- Growth in average Christian Life Group participation from 275 – 341 without any permanent classrooms (2008-2011)
- Growth in average worship attendance from 300 – 485 (2008-2011)
- 220 total additions from 01/2009-11/2011
- Growth in total mission giving from $24,411 (2009) to over $55,000 (2011)
- Remodel of auto factory into church campus, $4 million project.
- Completion of educational facility containing 8 pre-school classrooms, 6 adult classrooms, indoor play area, children’s assembly, 8 office spaces, total cost $815,000
Lead Pastor, 2/2012 – Current, Liberty Baptist Church, Dalton, GA
- Growth from a single site congregation to 3 campuses.
- Construction of a new campus for the Dalton/Chatsworth location
- Growth in average worship attendance from 280 – 515
- Financial growth from $600,000 in giving per year to $1.1 million
- Average baptisms, 50 per year.
- Dynamic Celebrate Recovery ministry on 2 campuses, one of the largest CR ministries in the Southeastern U.S.
High School Bible Teacher, 2012 – 2017, Christian Heritage School, Dalton, GA
- High School Bible grades 9-12
- Star Teacher 2016/2017
2015, 2017 Global Institute, Chatsworth, GA
- Professor – Creative Communication of Scripture
- Professor – Leadership 2
2014 #TheWalk, For Those Who Are Ready to Go Further
2016 Contributing Author to The Grace, Hope, and Love Daily Devotional
Dr.. Johnny Hunt General Editor
Thomas Nelson Publishers
Periodicals in which my articles have appeared:
Good News Magazine, The Christian Index
Tennessee Temple University, 1995: B.A. Pastoral Studies, Magna Cum Laude
The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, 1995: 1 semester (Yes, I was a seminary drop out.)
New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, 2011: M.Div. Generalist